Sunday, January 18, 2009

PHOTOS OF WOLLONGONG

Here are some photos I took of Wollongong while down there. This is "whale rock' but looks more like a dolphin to me. It is near the Nuns' rock pool. Apparently, years ago, the Nuns would swim here. i couldn't get a photo of the pool as i would have fallen over the cliff. lol. Now, this one is quite obvious. There are five islands off the coast of Wollongong very close to each other. The island have names and this one is called, Toothbrush Island for obvious reasons. I'm not sure what the others are named but one could be rabbit or Goat. A lot of fisherman do their angling around these rocks.

This is a view of South Beach from the lookout. I did a lot swimming here when a kid. Never went out deep like these people though.
Ken spooted this pelican sitting on the lamp post and wanted me to take his photo. Each time I thought I had him face on, the little bugger would turn about.



I would like to have had more photos to show but.......Look Jodi, I worked it out how to do the writing to match the photo. Hip, hip, hooray!!

1 comment:

Lisa A said...

Hi Margaret,
Great Photography, I am glad you enjoyed your time away..Kosmo and Beaver send their love to Ben and Teddy